blue tetras

zoo minsi

Large Fish
Jan 8, 2005
michigan
Visit site
im looking to add a school of blue tetras to my tank but im curious how they look in peoples tanks, if anyone has anything good or bad to say i would appreciate it. this is the link i would be buying them from http://www.azgardens.com/schooling_fish.php , I would also be adding 6 dwarf cory cats http://www.azgardens.com/corys_loaches.php , i am in the process of making a 55gal planted tank, i have 6 black skirt tetras, 7 silver tipped tetras, 2 angel fish (1 smoke and one golden), 2 gourami , and a comon pleco (3")

radamsk1

Large Fish
Apr 23, 2005
Long Island, NY
I like them as tetras. Depending on your lighting and the angle they're at, they can look spectacular with a nice blue-violet hue. However, they still have a silver body with a nice blue hue to it. Tetras often have some nice colors when compared to other families. They look nice when they're in a school, and often shimmer and gleam more so than if you put in 3-4. I'd say a nice number great than 5, preferrably 6-8 would be nice provided they have an adequate swimming area. I often find that they're pretty active little fish. *thumbsup2

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
Yeah...i think if you look down and see them there blue and if you stand up there green? anyways...i like those redline sharks youre interested in...tetras are very very peaceful fish that wont cause any probs for you, how big are your angels? and tetras youre gonna be getting?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I wouldn't put those dwarf cories in with angelfish. Those cories are really tiny, and would make a quick snack for angels. If you do decide to get those dwarf cories at some point, get a group of at least 10 and make sure they have a small cave.

zoo minsi

Large Fish
Jan 8, 2005
michigan
Visit site
thanks for the info, my angels are both about 2 1/2 inches and i have lots of caves for the fishies to play and hide in, also im in the process of switching over to real plants, which should give them more hiding places.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I have a school of blue tetras in my 46...they're gorgeous :) They eat like little pigs and have been pretty easy keepers since I got them a little over a year ago (maybe longer I dont remember exactly) ...they dont have any green on them. They're very blue and purple...if you dont see the blue/purple hues then they just appear silver like radamsk1 said.