Blue, The betta

fishguy07

Large Fish
Jun 30, 2004
Bangor MI
Visit site
Well I went to a pet supplies store lookin for some carbon for my fluvals when i saw this little betta i just had to get. I got em set up in a 2.5 gallon with a filter. My questions are:
How often should i feed it to ensure it is healthy.
Is this tank size a good size? Im pretty sure 2.5 isnt too big.

This little guy is so cool. :D

AquaticGem

Medium Fish
May 20, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
www.bettatudes.com
Congrats on the new betta! :) Is he is veiltail? I am assuming he is since they tend to be the most common kind sold.

1). I'd personally feed him every other day (to cut down on waste, plus, it will not harm the betta). Their stomach is about the size of their eye, so 2-3 pellets twice a day is more than enough for them. Beware though, bettas are little piglets, and will beg for as much food as you'll feed them. ;)

2). 2.5 gallon is a fine size for a betta tank, though five gallons would allow for more swimming space. Nonetheless, 2.5g works.

fishdude07

Superstar Fish
Mar 30, 2004
Michigan
www.freewebs.com
lol, i didnt know you liked bettas...i was actually thinkin about getting one too. maybe i will sometime soon. did you buy a new tank for the betta or did you use that 2.5 you used to have? i keep forgetting what you said you did with that tank. whered you put it?

Last edited:

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
hey congrats on the new betta!

1. You should feed him frozen or live foods, but pellets are fine. I usually feed 2-3 times a day.
2. 2.5gallon is good enough.

i'm from michigan too by the way, lansing*

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
eh bro 2.5 is perfect, jus look wat they came from lil *** jars haha. I got mine in a 2.5 check out the pics on my website
http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/rokl33t/
thats my crown tail in a 2.5

and feeding him, im new with it too. I feed it three times a day. morning, afternoon, and at night. Im sure its over doing it, buy my betta looks 100% better sinse i bought him.

Hope this helped