Bob and Sally!!!!!!

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
hi,
got 2 new bettas today, called them bob and sally...here they are...ill be getting one more female on monday by swapping it with my ram... enjoy! *celebrate
(p.s. bob is a bit agressive..when hes in his own lil corner hes ok..but sometimes he just chases some of the fish...why??)

Bob...notice the cute baby in the background!! *SUPERSMIL

Sally...best pic i could get of her

the tank...

Nice fish Fish Friend and tank! Your ratio is fine, as long as there are plenty of hiding spaces, as in my experiance Bettas love a place to just chill out on their own.. and seeing as you have a nice big tank, they will be very much at home. There may be the occasional chase or nip, but Bettas can be peaceful at the best of times. :)

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
thanks...i just added them now...and my lfs said something about there being bred for colour..and he said be careful..try to get female bettas with the stripes in them becase some could be males..i think thats bull but anyways...the new females are all shing off to each other..its not flaring..just asif like hello..is this normal??

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
i always thought the only time you should put males in with females was for breeding, i'd be careful that the male doesn't pester them too much, otherwise they could dies from stress.

It depends on the temperment of that particular betta. I have an extrememly peaceful male, that - although is pestered once every fortnight or so, by one particular neon, he just ignores it and swims of gracefully. With a nice big enclosure, plenty of hidey holes it'll be fine! :) Fish Friends tank looks like a perfect enviroment for a male and a few females, they won't be bothered too much :)