Books?

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
I have not hade good luck with my tank latley.Im goin to buy a new one within the next year.Im goin to get everythign right this time.I realy want to read and learn anything and everything i need to know about taken care of a salt water tank.This is like crack to me.But i want to do it the right way so i dont run into all the probs that i have had with this tank.So if anyone knows of a good book that i could study so i will be ready for the new tank.Thanks

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
"The New Marine Aquarium" by Michael S. Paletta is a good starter guide, and has lots of good practical advice, as well as a checklist of what you need for a tank. It has lots of good tips.

"The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert M. Fenner is another basic handbook. It's a little more in depth in terms of theory and practice but is a bit out of date in terms of equipment.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I like the Paletta book, and Natural Reef Aquaria (?) by John Tulloch. There is also good info in Anthony Calfos books despite the intimidating titles. Fenners book is fantastic for practical livestock questions, but not perfect re setup.
Don't expect any book to go and tell you buy brand X of this, brand Y of that.
Decide upfront what you want to keep do, how much commitment, cash you have. Are you good at basic science, d.i.y.?