bottom feeder for 120 gallon predator tank

Apr 27, 2012
Lexington, KY
hey guys, i'm looking for a bottom feeder for my 120 predator tank. Been doing some research as to what is compatible with my yt barracuda. So far what I've come up with is either some type of cat, knife or an eel. I've already got a brown knife in the tank so I'm leaning towards a cat. I just dont know what type. Theres a few corydoras I like but i feel like they are all too small for such a big tank. On the other hand all the other catfish I find info on seem to be just too darn big. I dont want them to outgrown either the tank or my barracuda, as I've heard stories of cats swallowing all its tankmates after it gets big enough. I like the tiger shovelnose but im afraid 3 feet is a little too big for a 120. Can anybody help me find the right fish for this tank.

Sep 5, 2011
New Jersey
you could go with a school of pictus catfish, which max out at around 5 inches. they're non territorial, and can be housed in a school. they'll eat smaller tankmates, but i don't think you'll have a problem with that.

you could also do one Synodontis Ocellifer Catfish, which maxes at like 8 inches, and is territorial. these generally are peaceful, but can get nasty.

robynz

Small Fish
Jun 14, 2012
Perhaps different kinds of fish can be put in a very huge tank say 120- gallon tank. You can put plecos, rainbow fisn, bettas, 2 of each kind.

Feb 27, 2009
Perhaps different kinds of fish can be put in a very huge tank say 120- gallon tank. You can put plecos, rainbow fisn, bettas, 2 of each kind.
This post has nothing to do with the OP's question. You can put 200 Chili Rasboras in a 120 gallon tank, but doesn't help the OP find bottom feeders for a preditor filled tank.