Bought my lil' sis a betta!

geKo

Large Fish
Jan 28, 2003
Louisville ky
I went to walmart and bought a small 1 gallon aquarium with Light, UGF, Pink gravel, and one fake plant. I normally don't buy fish from walmart but this betta was so pretty and in good health from what i could tell.

I brought everything home and set it up. I added water from my mature 29gal and acclimated the betta for about 30 min. Its been 2 days and its still doing good hehe this is actually my first betta. I have been in the fish hobby for along time and owned everything from community to cichlids but never a betta so this was just as fun for me as it was for my six year old sister :p

Anyways, I just thought i would share and report that yet another walmart fish is not being flushed down the drain :D I love saving fish from certain death!

geKo

Large Fish
Jan 28, 2003
Louisville ky
Originally posted by twoluvcats
be careful...its addictive LOL
I have found that out fast lol. Right after i set my sisters tank up and saw that betta floating around with those beautiful fins i knew i had to go back and get me a 1gal aquarium to set on my bed side table lol. I'm getting mine tomorrow but with black gravel and a blue betta :p

geKo

Large Fish
Jan 28, 2003
Louisville ky
Very nice :)

Since your so experienced in breeding bettas would you happen to know some links to informative betta breeding websites?

Any general info on breeding bettas would be nice if you could supply me with some of your knowledge :)

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
www.bettatalk.com - pretty much the best site I have seen for breeding instructions.

I also found a local breeder and visited their setup. That was probably more helpful than browsing dozens of sites because it gave me ideas and showed me the reality of taking care of hundreds of fry.

Barbie

Small Fish
Jun 3, 2004
Colorado
Visit site
I know what ya mean about saving wal-mart fish. Both of my bettas are from wally world, my first didn't look too good at all, and after a week or so I was rewarded with a more beautiful betta that would have probably died in his little cup and be thrown out. (When I was getting him, a customer told the fish man about a dead one and he said he was just sleeping:( those lying wal mart employees!)