Breeding bettas

Nov 17, 2006
Hazleton,Pa
Hello i have a a pair of bettas that breed about two weeeks ago i had a snail some plants a styrophome cup i feed them baby brine shrimp i lost a lot did i do any thing wrong they were in a 10 gallon tank filled about 5 inches and i use a heater on 80 for 10 minutes to heat it up a little help would be appreciated thank you*PEACE!*

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
From what you say you didn't do anything wrong. Did you leave the male betta in with the eggs?

BTW you should test ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph. You could buy a kit for that stuff at your LFS.

Nov 17, 2006
Hazleton,Pa
James From Cali said:
Forgot about that. The male Betta tends o the eggs until(I believe) they are free swimming. Some one correct me if Im wrong.
yes i left them in there for about three days i personally think that the snail big mastake ate them and made my tank filthy dont every do it if so a smalll one big mastake*crazysmil

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
juggernaut303 said:
yes i left them in there for about three days i personally think that the snail big mastake ate them and made my tank filthy dont every do it if so a smalll one big mastake*crazysmil
Were they free swimming when you got the male out of there?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
"i use a heater on 80 for 10 minutes to heat it up a little"

What does this mean? The fry need a really constant temperature at 80, so if you took the heater off or it was heating inconsistently or too quickly, that could be a cause.