Brine Shrimp

Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
Visit site
I have brine shrimp eggs. Do Bettas or youngish clawed frogs eat live brine shrimps? Anyone know any good webpages about hatching and feeding brine shrimp and such? I think it would be fun to watch my pets chase them.

Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
Visit site
K my babies hatched. How do I seperate the shells from the shrimp? The packet they came in said the shells will float to the top and the shrimp will go to the bottom. The shrimp are around the top and everywhere else. Also, what should I feed them and how long til they're considered adults? They're in a liter of water, packet said to use that much because it comes with the right amount of salt.

Lou

Large Fish
Jul 18, 2003
SW Wisconsin
www.waysmeet.org
This is what I use as I posted the plans for a hatchery some time ago...

http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11297

If you search on brine shrimp hatchery in the Do it yourself forum you will also get AndyL's take on doing brine shrimp in a 2 liter bottle. We (my daughter and I) had little success with separating the shells from the shrimp until we made the hatchery above.

Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
Visit site
I was wrong, they are that big, lol. I hadn't been back to my dorm for a few days, long weekend, and when I went back to feed my fish and stuff they were a lot bigger. (I don't live too far from the college, half hour tops, so I can feed them over the weekend)

LadySarah

Large Fish
Aug 4, 2004
Gresham, Oregon
Visit site
I was thinking of starting to hatch brine shrimp myself for my ADF's to eat. They do not seem to be too eager to eat frozen blood worms so I was going to give brine shrimp a try. I know that you can buy them frozen, but I thought that the frogs would enjoy the live thing.