Bristle worms good or bad?

Jul 3, 2004
Visit site
There are alot of worms on this new rock I got yeasterday and I want to know if these are bad and if so what can I do to get rid of them.

Some people told me to get the fire bristles out of there what do they look like any info. can help thanks.

The worms that are in my tank are redish and they move all around the rocks. and now in the sand. I have seen 3 so far. they are about 3/4" - 1" long.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
3 isnt a whole heck of a lot...i think bristleworms are unavoidable...the jury is still out on whether or not they are good or bad as far as i know. Personally, i dont mind them as long as they dont get out of control. there are some fish that will eat bristles...some wrasses among other things...if you feel they will be a problem. generally i just leave them b/c they are hard to catch. if i see a big one i go for him with my tweezers. Yes, their sting is painful so don't touch them with your bareness...there is a reason they are called fireworms

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Good. There are a few that are pretty unpleasant, though they are fairly rare. They're typically only a problem if you overfeed.