brown algae looking grass good or bad?

wwest

Small Fish
Apr 24, 2006
athens,ohio
I am fairly new to salt water tanks and in my tank i have brown looking algae grass. i talked to a few people localy and they said brown grass is not good. is there any truth to that? its basicly on the back of my tank and on some of the live rock..

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/brownalgcontfaqs.htm

check your phos and nitrates. Have a strong water flow. Clean your skimmer if you have one. If you have like lights opened 10 h...reduce the time for a while. Change a good % of your water. Can use rowaphos or a similar product. Grab some hermits. Wait. Tadaaa.

Is your tank new ?

It's not good because it means your water isn't clean enough, and it can bother some inverts.

wwest

Small Fish
Apr 24, 2006
athens,ohio
my ph is around 8.4 or so and my nitrates are 0 the tank has been running for about 3 weeks now.. do you think a good clean up crew will get rid of it? my salinity ph,kh,cal,nitrate,nitrite and amonia are good. my nitrate or nitrite spiked alittle at first but everything is ok right now. also its a 15 gallon tank in which all the water came from a tank that has been set up for along time... im reading the faqs now but any input would help alot..