bubbles on side of tank

kaihonu82

Small Fish
Mar 30, 2006
santa clara, ca
Hi all,

This isn't anything major, just an annoyance...but there are bubbles collecting on the front side of my tank, i'd say maybe the upper third of front side of the tank is covered in tiny air bubbles, which just makes it difficult to see inside the tank...I have one submersible water pump which adds some aeration, and a protein skimmer. The water circulation is pretty decent because I watch the air bubbles flow all around my tank. I haven't seen this before (at least in my other tank or in any of the tanks at the fish store) Anybody else experience this? Any suggestions? Thanks

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
is the tank 'brand new', i.e. just set up...? Bubbles will collect on the inside of the tank with new water...i know how it happens, but can't think of how to explain it to you...

if so, you'll see the bubbles there for a bit, and they'll go away.

to help, try using a magnet cleaner to kind of scrape the bubbles away.

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
my goldfish tank does it every time i do a water change. but it is probably because i use the water directly from the filtration unit outside my house, (it is closer to my tank that all the other faucets in my house) and the water comes out very bubbly, all i do is take a net and wipe them off.they float up and pop.