Bulkhead Help

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Well this will be my first attempt at any type of bulkhead use and am looking for some of you guys with drilled tanks input on what size you would reccomend.

For the 75 I was going to just two 1 inch bulk heads in the over (I am thinking of using both as overflows to the sump, no return from overflow) but on the 90 I think I should get a larger amount to the sump to bump up the return flow rate from the mag.

Anyway would you guys suggest using two 1 1/4 inch bulkheads or two 1 1/2 inch bulkheads? I dont know the flow rates of the two so thats why I am really asking. I was going to use either a mag 9.5 or mag 12 for return but dont know what sized pipe would be capable of handling the flow without running the pipes to the max... any help would be much appreciated

~Ares I know you have a 90 w/overflow just curiouse as to what size your bulheads are (and what return are you running?)

I was going to use my return for flow purposes but decided agaisnt it for saftey reasons and instead will use sump return as additional flow ontop of either powerheads or a closed loop system (contemplating the closed loop...)

thanks in advance guys