Bumblebee Gobies

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Anyone have bumblebee gobies in their tanks???? I'm starting a brackish tank and want to get some figure 8 puffers, and I would like something to go with them. I like the bumblebee gobies better than mollys, but can't seem to find much info on them (I ordered the Aqualog book on brackish fish but haven't received it yet!). Do they get along with f8's, and do they get along with each other? Are they hard to keep? How many should I keep together, and should I keep them in pairs???? If anyone has some bb gobies, I'd love to hear your advice. Thanks.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
They are pretty easy to care for. They get along fine with fig 8s. i think it's because they are so small and stay in the lower levels of the tank the puffers don't seem to notice them. They will eat only freeze dryed, frozen, live foods. I think 9 in your tank is a bit much but should be ok. I wouldn't add more.

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Actually I've found that mine will only eat crushed flake food. That's probably what they were getting in the pet store, I guess. I tried shrimp pellets, gut-loaded crickets, daphnia, bloodworms and baby shrimp and they didn't eat any of it. They would occasionally take a bite out of something, but that's about it. They go crazy when I crush some flake food in my fingers and drop it into the tank.