Buncha' Pics

I needed to post pictures of the Zoas I got from Jim anyway, so I decided to take a few more and post them all together. The first three after the full tank shot are what I got from Jim.

I'm still getting the hang of this aquarium photography thing, so please be kind! I need a better camera too. Oh, and I haven't figured out how to resize the pics yet with my Mac, so that is why I'm posting thumbs instead.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
My eagle eyes were probably the best that ive ever seen! Glad all the frags everyone received are doing well! They are really fast growers as well.. Maybe when i set up my nano i can buy some back from you guys lol..

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yur killing me with these pics! you should use a differant program to upload them lol i use imageshack.us and they give u an option when resizing them for message boards and even give u the code to copy and paste

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yeah go here ImageShack® - Image Hosting

it gives u a resizing option... u want 640X480 after it loads the picture it gives u all the codes u wanna copy " hotlink for forums" and paste it here but make sure you uncheck the box that says include details otherwise there will be an ad in yur pic

Last edited:

duijver

Small Fish
Sep 8, 2008
Awsome looking tank!!!

A suggestion about a aquarium photography. I am learning myself, and to be honest I haven't been doing it as much as I would like, but getting my new tank under control is more important than pictures.

My father's theory on it is this. You need LOTS OF LIGHT, and if you absolutely need to use a flash you must be right up against the glass. Otherwise, you are going to see it. Mine are getting much better once I turned the flash on and came really close to the glass.

I'm using my Canon 10d DSLR, with a 80mm Macro - with an off camera clicker and tripod to minimize shake. I only use manual focus too, I found that autofocus was just too painful! I've used both the internal and external flash and the external flash does much better.. but many critters quickly flee with the flash on.