Cambo's Fry 1 month old

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
Hey, here are my cambodian fry, they are 1 month old and not very big. Hopefully mcshell can help me out.

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Food is critical for growth. The tank looks nice and clean and a good setup.

So what are you feeding them? At that age, I would still used Micro-worms and lots of Baby Brine Shrimp, at least twice a day.

They do seem a little small for their age. Try a little more food and give it another week. How are they swimming, are they active?

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
i feed them decapped brine shrimp eggs as they also hatch too. they are already have their top, cadual, and dorsal fin but i see no sign of ventrals. they are also showing color and about ----- that long.

hopefully i can get some bbs ASAP

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
may be you can try microworms also. they're cheap and easy to cultivate. i found my babies love LIVE food, esp when they were new born.
i used to feed them 3 times a day when they were small.
about ventrals ... i don't really know when you shall start seeing them... as most of my babies don't have ventrals! lol.
when i compared mine with the growth chart, http://www.bettatalk.com/fry_growth.htm,
mine is always smaller than what specified in the growth chart. my 'babies' are now 7+ months old, but they're just ~ 2inch.

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
ooo, well i threw out my microworms like 4 weeks ago. once they are 3-4 weeks old, i was told to start feeding bbs, but i didn't have any so i fed them decapped bbs eggs. so yeah. btw, when ur bettas first spawn how many fry were their? and how many do you have now?

PS: their was an algae bloom in my fry tank, will that be aproblem? could the fry acutally munch on the algae?

Last edited: