can anyone identify please

Oct 19, 2010
appledore,devon
hi everyone, i got given theses c/w fish with a small tank from my neighbour and he said they were gold fish umm not so sure now, they were only small but soon they got bigger so i got a 64lt fishbox that was fine, now i have upgraded again to a fulval roma 240, but i can't find out what they are can anyone help!!! the biggest one is about 120mm long x 50mm deep-- bronze colour but they have gone a bit paler in the new tank, brighter light & still in cycle at the moment. any ideas would be good thanks.

Attachments

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'm guessing either perch or carp....with emphasis on perch....not the striped kind though. (Talking about the one that's swimming away you didn't get a good pic of.)

The one behind it is definitely a goldfish though.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
not a perch, but a more a carp-related fish. might be some type of carp, which is pretty close to goldfish. treat this one like a Koi though, it looks like it can grow big.

Oct 19, 2010
appledore,devon
theres no barbles or whiskers, they look the same as the orange goldfish in the tank ie:fins-smell horn above mouth but just alot bigger fish. thanks for the comments much appreciated, sorry if it was a silly question the last time i had fish was many years ago & they were 2 (14" catfish) thanks again to all.