Can I add...

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Well my tank just finished cycling. Everything is at 0. So I was wondering if I can add maybe 1 of these 4 options:

Option 1
2 Zebra or Gold Danios

Option 2
3 or 4 White Clouds

Option 3
3 or 4 Neon Tetras

Option 4
3 Peppered Corys

Well if I cant add anything to my 10, do you have any Suggestions for my 1g?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
about the only thing I'd add to your 10 would be a couple of ottos or an apple snail. You MIGHT be able to get away with the corys...but I dont know, that'd probably be pushing it.

A 1g really isn't much good for anything. A betta, some adf's, maybe a teeny fish that stays teeny like ember tetras...but even then they're so small that they're really not worth much.

Congrats on the end of your cycle!

confusion

Medium Fish
May 26, 2006
aqariu.ms
I love the zebra danios - they are a blast to watch. I think a 10 might be a bit small for them, room wise??? Take a look at the rosy tetras. They're bottom dwellers (at least mine are), they school and they're about as animated as danios, though in a different way.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Some snails eat plants, some don't , just make sure you research the snail before you get it, but I think a snail would be the best choice, they are more interesting than I thought they would be.

confusion

Medium Fish
May 26, 2006
aqariu.ms
I have 2 ivory mystery snails, and they're pretty cool to watch. One of them is an absolute monster - it has quadrupled in size since I got him about 6 weeks ago. It doesn't eat the plants, though the little black snail buggers that come on the plants certainly do.

My snails do crazy things like crawl in front of the filter discharge and hang on for as long as they can before being shot across the tank, they crawl over top of my bubble wand and fill their shells up with air and float to the top and sink back to the bottom, and the strangest by far was when I put in any food for my plecos -algae wafers or cucumber slices, the snail (make that one of the snails) eats the entire thing. I definitely think the snails add to my tank. And they don't need a lot of space.