Can i add??

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
i have a 65g tank with 1 yellow tang and two starfish.This afternoon i went to my lfs i saw 3 yellow gobee and a yellow butterfly long nose tangs(im not sure this is the correct name cause it is writen in lfs).can i add them??i asked my lfs worker,he said i can add,but i dont trust them,lol.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
3 yellow gobies will start fighting. The tank is a bit small for a long nosed butterfly. If the tank has been setup a while, and is in good shape, lots live rock, you can add one of the gobies.

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
lol,sorry for late reply.my tank has been set up for about 4months,fishless juz with live rocks and some hydra shaped corals.juz about 1 and half months i add fishies.i hav 4 of corals and around 2 live rocks(big).my water parameters are ok,juz my water salinity are a little bumpy,going up and down cause i used fan.the water evaporate way to fast about 5% aday of water.Anyway i bought two gobee,1 male 1 female,but i dont see them fighting.but dam it i dont know that they will fight,my lfs put them in a small container,dam it.bt how big will they grow??mine is about 3cm size.then the long nosed butterfly,i didnt buy it.but can anyone suggest few small active fish??my tank with just yellow tang swimming around is quite boring,lol,but i love them.by the way thanks to u both......

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Fairy wrasses are reef safe, active, colorful, peaceful, and swim out in the open as long as the lights are on. Lots of different ones, so you can pick one in your price range and color preferences. They are also good jumpers.

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
ive searched almost all lfs in my area,they said in my state they dont take in this species.Then i go for the firefish like yours.I saw 1 like yours but it is just about less than a inch.Lol maybe in your country it is cheap,for mine is quite expensive,it cost 45buck per fish.hmm actually what is it mean by reef safe??is it means safe from destroyin our corals??