Can I or Can't I? (extra tanks)

PDM

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
The Dells
Hey folks,
I have two extra tanks, 20g long and 10g, would it be possible to create a marine tank with the 20 and use the 10 for the filter. I currentlly have all cichlids. Just an idea.
Thanks ya all.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
yup. you can use the 10gallon as a sump if you would like. do alot of research before you start it tho! i planned out my tank for almost 2 months before i bought everything! (the most likely thing that will happen is you'll want a bigger tank while you are planning. haha)..

good luck!

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
The library has a fine selection of marine fishkeeping books. You will probably also want to visit your local bookstore because having at least one or two guides of your own is definately a plus for those emergencies or when you want to pick out fish.

Marine fish are 1) delicate, 2) 99% wild caught and 3) expensive. The best advice anybody can give you is to REASERCH RESEARCH RESEARCH! I like books, some people like websites, others aquarium clubs. Never take what your LFS tells you as writ in stone because the marine hobby is always changing and developing, lots of myths abound.
~~Colesea

qc

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.zacrifice.com
  • qc

qc

Also to give you a good place to ask questions on this subject and to also read the info already posted there go to

www.reefcentral.com

be warned tho there is HEAPS of info there and new posts are always there no matter how often you go!