Can Ick Treatment Kill Cories??

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
i am treating my 7 gallon tank for Ick still (but I think that tonight will be the last treatment-it has been a week already ??) This morning when I got up I found one of my Albino Cories was dead. He was alive last night and I didnt see anything wrong with him. I was watching the tank before I added treatment (but not too much after). My water if fine so I am not sure what killed him. I did buy him as an adult at the pet store almost 3 weeks ago. Could he of been old?? Im kind of clueless.

what kind of treatmet are you using? what are the main active ingredients? You need to treat for ich for at least a week AFTER all the visible spots are gone, ich can only be killed when its NOT on a fish.

Because of cories armor plates, they often down show ich spots on thier bodies, BUT thier gills can be COATED with them, and you'll never see it.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
O, ok. I was given something called "Quick Cure" to use in my tank. After I posted this message I went and looked at my tank and 1 of my Zebra Danios still has a couple of spots so I will continue treatment. My other Cory wont get too stressed being by himself will he? Cause I dont want to add any fish till this Ick is gone.