Can they live together

utman66

Small Fish
May 13, 2004
Houston, TX
Visit site
yeah i asked the same question just the other day. haha. But you ya have to take one of them out. The only time they can be togeahter is when they are breeding. Unless you have a really big tank. Some people have said that in a big tank theres enough space for the both of them. But i don't know if you want to risk it.

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Hi greengirly21 and welcome to the Tank!

I am really glad you asked. Some store owners would say yes but it is a definate no.

Males and females don't mix. In the wild, a male will court a female for a few days, mate with her, then chase her away.

In the confines of a tank, he will hunt her down and kill her, not to mention she will live in constant fear till he does.

You can get a seperate tank or a divided tank and they can live side by side, but they need physical boundries (they jump too, so make sure any divider is tall enough).

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
no it's more complicated than that- basically for the purposes of this thread all that needs to be said is that they should only be together for breeding pourposes and then only if you have done a lot of research first.