can use some Paludarium stocking advice

Abran

New Fish
Jul 15, 2013
Good morning

Im currently setting up a Paludarium with a small bullfrog. Its going to be in a 55 gallon and will have 15-20 gallons of water. The way that I'm constructing the tank the fish will be safe from the frog but they will share the same water. I would like some suggestions on what to stock it with.

They will need to be healthy living in about 6in. of depth around 15-20 gallons, not outgrow their area, comfy in shallow water and if at all possible interesting and colorful.

I'm up for any and all suggestions of fish, inverts,and so on. The 55 gal. will be the minimum sized tank. If I can score a bigger tank I'll have a little more flexibility.

Thanks

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I've made a 20 gallon paludarium with about 2-3 gallons of water in it and i've had good luck with my apistogrammas. they do well with dither fish so maybe a few neons would work. if there is decent current i would think hillstream loaches would work well too.

one thing i would do is look at top water fish that do well in a 15-20 gallon tank. then look into small stream or pool fish since the water is so shallow. I have a post on this site with pics of my tank. http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/aquatic-plants/66120-paludarium.html.