Canister and Skimmer?

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
well first off hi to all that remember me. My fish tank is doing great peramiters are good and it seems to be staying clean(slight film on surface(sumtimes)). But my question is, right now I am running 2 maxi-jet 1,200's and one on my Aqua C Remora skimmer, a rio 50, and an aqua clear 50(i think, its a small one). The water seems to be great(fish are actually living for a change, lol) But does any one here thing I should run some carbin and foam too(with the fluval 304)? If you guys could give me your apinions itr would be cool..

ok 2'nd question-the water surface film, my intake for the aqua C remora is like 4-5 inches under the water. what is the best way to get rid of the film? I would think just point one of my maxi jets up to break up the water, but then I would loose water current in the lower part of my tank. ok I think thats it, lol, thanks to anyone who reads and replys...*PEACE!*

-yamaha

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
ohh and my old hair algea problem is basicly gone. Im growing cariline algea and everyting seems cool. I have been seeing more and more feather dusters pop up on my rocks, I have like 12 of them its cool.....ok thanks

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If everything is working I wouldn't touch it EXCEPT I do like carbon. Adding the foam is likely not a good idea if you don't need it

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
No it traps organics in a high O2 enviroment where they are rapidly mineralised and turned into ammonia -> nitrite -> nitrate

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
ok, cool. I havent decided wether or not ill do it, but with me getting more fish, I may want to go that direction(with the extra waste and all) What do you think about the film on the water surface? shouldn't the skimmer be getrting that out??