Cbs

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
so i have my coral banded shrimp, and im just wondering if there was anything that i needed to do specifically to help him moult. or if i just let him do it all on his own.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
They are scavengers so they will eat anything just about. I do not target feed mine and he has been doing fine. I like to feed a little more so there is always extra food for the inverts. I did loose a shrimp a while back, but I don't know if it was because I didn't target feed him.

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
yeah since hes the only thing in the tank that really needs target feeding (other things are hermits) i do target feed him. usually two small feedings, once in the morning, once at night.
ive been giving him spirinula flake, shrimp pellets, and frozen bloodworms (thawed in SW from the tank) is there anything else i should be adding to his diet?

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
how large are the portions you are feeding it everyday? It seems like an awful lot, most people drastically overfeed their tanks.The reason it always seems hungry is because in the ocean one can never be sure when or from what your next meal is coming from, it is a eat as much as you can when you can policy, and in aquaria not really necessary for most creatures.

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
Really small portions, like a small flake when I feed him the flakes, and maybe 3 bloodworms, and the smallest peice of shrimp pellet I can pick out of the can