Chaeto hitchhikers?

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
I bought a bag of chaetos at my LFS and there seems to be theres little feather duster like things on my LR now. I thought they looked like dandelion spore...

i see these guys everywhere (other LFS) so it shouldnt be a problem right?

heres a bad pic of some...(i can get better ones since theres a huge one that just popped up.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
i doubt they'll get as big as a hawaiian feather duster. my hitchhiker worms are mainly white with brown specks, and the biggest i've seen is about the size of a dime. but i have a LOT of them. i also have some brownish-red fan worms that get about the size of quarters, and i also have some red fan worms that only get about 5 mm in diameter. i've also got a horseshoe worm, it's bright red, and pretty cool looking, only one of those though. here's a pic i found on google, looks just like mine.

my rock is extremely live. i'm pretty sure the big one's are a different specie and rarely are hitchhikers, although u might be lucky and have some, it's hard to tell honestly.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ive got those red ones too only my camera is crap so it just shows up as a red blur *crazysmil i also have red ones with blue tips :D horseshoe worms i belive

Last edited: