Changing my 2.5 and 10g into 2 separate 10g

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
Well my friend is moving and he wants to give me his fish and tank.

It currently has 3 Green Cory Cats and 3 guppies.

I currently only have room for 2 tanks.

How could I swap around my current stock (in sig) to accomadate 2 10 gallons?

I'm aware I can't keep my Betta with male guppies so that's out.

Any ideas?

I need help ASAP because he's moving soon.

Thanks!

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Personally, I don't think it matters where you put the snail. I would be more concerned about the cory cats and the betta because of their activity but that might not be a problem either - depends on your betta. My bettas have worked fine with neons, platies, mollies and otos.

se7en2686

Medium Fish
Jul 24, 2011
Richfield Ohio
I have my betta with guppies and tetras as well as a cory cat and 4 mystery snails... and he is fine. however my other betta will kill anything and everything he has to be alone. :( no real secure way of answering your question without risk of death. i would say your first idea would be the best choice.. but the snail i dont think it matters where he goes... IMHO

PlecoCollector

Superstar Fish
Aug 21, 2005
Clinton, NY
You might also want to consider giving the Betta a tank to himself with the 6 Peppered Cory. Usually neon tetras don't bother Bettas, but there's always a chance of them nipping at his fins. Doing the tetras, guppies, and the remaining 3 cories together would allow the Betta his own space, especially if that's what he's used to. Then you can put the snail in with the smaller fish ;)