Cheap heaters - petsmart.com

hyunelan2

Large Fish
Jun 1, 2005
Near Chicago, IL
Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
in my experiences with heaters ur better off to just goto bigal's and get one of the very cheap ones he has, i dont remember the brand but i have one in every one of my tanks but the smallest and im very happy with them.

echoofformless said:
But one real question I always have - why does petsmart in store sell everything at almost half the price of on their website?
Because they WANT you in the store...big-box retailers have really only grudgingly put up websites...but its the stores that cost them money, so they want you in the store, they hope that when you run in to buy that $10 heater you'll also pick up $30 more in stuff that if you were online shopping you wouldn't normally buy.

hyunelan2

Large Fish
Jun 1, 2005
Near Chicago, IL
FYI: petsmart.com is a separate entity. They sell products for less than the acutal store, and carry products not offered in the store. Look up something on the website and write down the price. Go into the store and see how much higher it is there.

TheMainer

Large Fish
Sep 3, 2005
Also, if you find something on the PetsMart.com web site and also find it in your local store, they will price match it. So if you find a filter on PetsMart.com for $15 and at your local PetsMart it's $40, just print out the webpage and bring it in, and they will sell you the filter for $15.

Tim804

Small Fish
Nov 17, 2005
I recently bought a undergravel filtration system from Petsmart and I looked online first saw the price online, it was cheaper by about almost $10 online. Well I printed the ad from online brought it in and asked if they would honor the online price and they did! No questions asked!! I was suprised, and I will definately try that again.

Sep 16, 2005
*thumbsups

petsmart has been nothing but good to us as far as customer service. they pricematched our penguin filter and toplight heater to the website, and have been really good with any returns we've had to make.

Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
geekrockgirl85 said:
*thumbsups

petsmart has been nothing but good to us as far as customer service. they pricematched our penguin filter and toplight heater to the website, and have been really good with any returns we've had to make.

Yeah and then we bought a light for my 2.5 g betta tank and found that online for a few dollars less. We went in and bought another one, and asked if they'd honor the price match on the one we bought the night before. They did it without any issue at all. Plus from the void of sale we got a three dollar off coupon handed to us. So all in all we saved like ten dollars plus we have three dollars off the next thing we buy.

I'm rarely a fan of corporate stores but Petsmart really does a good thing. And the tanks at our location are always really healthy too.