Cherry shrimp and apistos?

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
3.5?? they cost $8.50 here!

I was going to get some to hang out with the frogs but decided damn it they're too expensive for little guys I might inadvertantly suck up with my syphon!

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I figured that this would be the kind of response I would get to this question but I was really hoping I would be able to put some in there but unfortunately it looks like snails are the only inverts I will be able to keep in there.

Thanks for all the info.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm thinking about actually picking up a 5g hex to plant and put some cherry shrimp in and possibly get some endlers from Fishgeek when she finally ends up with tons of them. I may actually get the tank later this week to start the cycle and also order the cherries from my LFS.

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
I agree Orion. I've got some in my 7 gallon on my computer desk, and I love to watch them. I could sit there all day! I keep mine with ember tetras, which are about the tiniest tetras that you can find and so far there hasn't been any casualties. In fact I have a pregnant RCS right now, but I'm not sure whether or not the babies will last very long :rolleyes:

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Considering the guppies are all of 1.99 and the shrimp are 8.50 that seems wrong. Mind you my SO constently reminds me all my fish cost less then their food.