cichlid help

Aug 13, 2011
www.betrsoutlets.com
Anyone know of a a cichlid that can easily be found in pet shops, that will not hide often and is curious. I want a cichlid that will live with my tiger barbs. I have a black convict right now and all he does is. Hide in plants all day although he is pretty young about two inches. I have a 29 gallon so that's the size im limited too. Any suggestions on a fish that will tactually swim up and greet me and get a fairly good size?

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Cichlids will eat your tiger barbs. Your convict will eat them when he gets big enough to put them in his mouth. That convict really needs to be in a larger tank eventually as he will get to big for a 29G. If you want a cichlid that will be your buddy get a 75(one Oscar)-100G(two Oscars) tank and get an Oscar(s). They will great you, do tricks for food, and will take food from your hand. They are also playful, you can put floating toys in the tank like tennis or racket balls for them to entertain themselves, you can even get in on this action too!! They are great fun!!! I love my three!!!
Your convict will become more bold with age. Keep up a presence even when its not feeding time to increase your exposure to him.