Cleaning crew

rennocneb

Medium Fish
Oct 10, 2003
Visit site
Hi i have a 40 gallon reef setup i currently have 4 turbo snails and a coral banded cleaner shrimp in the tank. The rock and glass look great but ive been getting a bit of algae on the sand bed. Is there something good for cleaning this that wont eat corals, fish, snails, my shrimp? Hermits i know love snails but is there another type of crab to look for

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
get dwarf hermits, they will be fine wont mess with your snails really, you could get some nassirius(sp?) snails they will help stir up the sand bed too, a sand sifting star would help too but that might be too small a tank for them long term

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
aresgod said:
get dwarf hermits, they will be fine wont mess with your snails really, you could get some nassirius(sp?) snails they will help stir up the sand bed too, a sand sifting star would help too but that might be too small a tank for them long term
whats a sand sifting star aresgod?

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yea sometimes depending on your setup you could probably get away with one in a 40 gallon, I had one then cooked him in the move...only thing i lost and it was due to fatigue and human error