Cleaning question

May 14, 2006
Palatine,IL
I am switching from freshwater to saltwater and have completely cleaned my tank out and scrubed the sides with a algae scrubber and soaked and scrubbed everything in really hot water.

I have a canister filter and 5 foot tubes that the water goes through and its insides are a little dirty. I ran hot water in them and let them dry out for 2 days. Would they be fine to use with the saltwater tank?

Ohh and I tried to get all the little algae dots off my tank walls but don't seem to bbe coming off and I scrubbed a lot. I let the tank dry out also. If any of that Algae was somehow still alive would it do harm when I start my saltwater?

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
just hot water is fine

when ever ur not sure if its safe then boil it, cuz that should be enough

(if it cant be boiled cuz its like plastic or something just tip it for a second and rise it with hot water.)

thats like the only way i know anyone else know a better way?

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
Put a small pebble in the middle of a paper towel, then pull the paper towel around the pebble (creating something vaguely resembling a badminton birdie), then tie a long piece of string just above the pebble, trapping it in the paper towel. Then pass the free end of the string through the tube (might take a little doing, but shouldn't be too hard), then pull the paper towel through the tube. Should clean that gunk right out...

(If this doesn't make sense... I can add diagrams...)

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
JWright said:
Put a small pebble in the middle of a paper towel, then pull the paper towel around the pebble (creating something vaguely resembling a badminton birdie), then tie a long piece of string just above the pebble, trapping it in the paper towel. Then pass the free end of the string through the tube (might take a little doing, but shouldn't be too hard), then pull the paper towel through the tube. Should clean that gunk right out...

(If this doesn't make sense... I can add diagrams...)
lol makes sense to me XD

heres a tip u can try to blow the string through the tube (dont recommend u using your mouth...use a tire or air pump.)

if u dont like using old fashion or customized ways just to to wal-mart or petsmart or petco and get thos tube brushes -_-