Cleaning

mrmoog

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2007
Glasgow/Scotland
May be a silly question but what is the best way to clean the glass on the outside of the tank???? Did not want to start spraying it with stuff just incase...i have 2 youg kids who like to stick there paws on the tank a lot *celebrate

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2007
Shamy towels

mrmoog said:
Great!! thanks for that*thumbsups
I use some blue shamy towels I got from Sam's club. They come 25 to a pack and really do a great job.

No streaks and the glass gets really clean. I can normally use the same one for over a year with regular machine washing.

Oct 15, 2006
What I do:
Take a towel (example: paper towel), and spray Windex or any other glass cleaner INTO the towel. Don't spray it at the tank, the cleaner mist could go anywhere. Wipe the glass.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
I'm so lazy that I end up licking my finger, then rubbing it against the water-spots/streaks. I then wipe each of the sections I've slobbered on with a clean towel until the tank is clean!

BV

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Big Vine said:
I'm so lazy that I end up licking my finger, then rubbing it against the water-spots/streaks. I then wipe each of the sections I've slobbered on with a clean towel until the tank is clean!

BV
Now there's devotion.....BV licks his tanks clean!!

I use "Glass Doctor" Foaming glass cleaner, It's much easier to control the spray (It foams) so I don't get any in the water. *thumbsups

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
lol...well BV you might want to start brushing your teeth so your tank slobber doesnt start smelling :p
and...put a no touch sign up. someone touches it...and gets your dried slobber on them!!!

and when i do clean my tanks, i just use a wet towell, then a dry one

Timbo

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2005
Nottingham UK
Any chemical runs the risk of being toxic. If you can get good results from warm fresh water and drying it off .... why not. Easy, and ecofriendly to boot.
P.S. if you are American or Chinese you may need the dictionary to define "Eco Friendly" ! *laughingc ! ! :) !:D