climbing perch

krissy

New Fish
Nov 8, 2007
Alabama
I have a 55 gallon tank that has an African Climbing Perch in it. I've been told I can add peaceful cichlids and catfish with it. I plan on keeping the tank and African fish only tank. I plan on adding some Kribs and a catfish or two. What catfish would be okay to add to it? Also I've been wanting another climbing perch, I've been having a hard time finding one. At Petsmart I found some "African Leaf Fish" (which through research I found that it is actually an African Bush Fish) are the bush fish and the climbing perch pretty much the same fish? The only difference I can find is the coloring.

Thanks for any help.

krissy

New Fish
Nov 8, 2007
Alabama
Yes, it is the fish in the picture.

I found that they are the same fish. I knew the one I have is a Ctenopoma acutirostre and when I looked on the tag at Petsmart it had the same scientific name, which I had also found from my research. I bought one and it, right now, is in my son's 10 gallon tank. It's about an inch long and if I put it with my big one then it'll end up eaten. As soon as it gets big enough it'll go in with the other one.