cloudy water

Feb 6, 2007
One of my tanks has 2 african dwarf frogs and 4 danios (miss fishy's great suggestion) they are healthy and happy in my 10 gallon tank but the water is cloudy. I have been doing my water changes, any suggestions? :confused:

Jake

Large Fish
Feb 15, 2007
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia , Canada
How long has the tank been set-up? I know my tank water was unclear for the first little bit. Also have you added anything( ie. Driftwood) if so that can cause a cloudy water. Is your filter clean? Something might be making the water cloudy from being too dirty.
Hope someone with a little more experience can elaborate.

If it is a fairly new setup... you could be going the an "Algae Bloom" .... it is caused by putting in too many fish/critters too soon. your tank has not done cycling yet. Keep a close on your numbers and keep up the WC...How much of a WC do you do? If ya do too much, you are just starting the cycling over again.... and it will never finish.... please tell me more about your setup..re: how long has it been up and running, and when did you add your stock?

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
is it a green cloudy or a white/grey cloudy? if it's a green cloudy, then, as cinlnk said, it's an algae bloom. a white/grey cloudy indicates a bacterial bloom.. in which case, dont sweat it. it will go away on its own in a few days to a week.