cloudy water!

teevee

Medium Fish
Aug 22, 2008
mesa, az
www.myspace.com
Man, My new tank's water will not stay clear! I switched out some water today and it's STILL cloudy! What am I doing wrong? I use conditioner, the tank is clean, it's not overcrowded, good oxygen, good, clean filter, no over feeding... WTF?????? It looks ugly and makes me sad inside. HAHA
PLEEEEAAAAASEEEE HELP

Jun 21, 2008
Depending on how long it's been that way, it may be a bacterial bloom, which can happen when bacteria is establishing itself in your tank, which is actually a good thing. Other than that, I'm not sure what it could be. Hopefully someone else will have suggestions.

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
Most likely depending on how long you've had your tank its what he said. Do your normal water changes for a new tank and it will clear up in a few days. Same thing happened to mine last week.

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
yea the first few weeks my tank was cloudy, but after my water change this week and last week, its been pretty clear. Note that it was only cloudy when looking through the side of the tank * I've had my tank for a little over 2 months now, it's cycled fish are no longer stressed and dyings :D, I've had 6 casualties since the start, and none since the first week of august

teevee

Medium Fish
Aug 22, 2008
mesa, az
www.myspace.com
thanks everyone! it must be the bacterial thing! the tank has been up only since last monday! i'm just a paranoid freak! LOL

i'm pretty sure all my snails have died in the transfer from the old tank to the new one though.. which makes me sad since one of them was HUGE!

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
someone said from another post it's also a sign of bacteria developing which is good (i forget the exact words and who sorry i cannot credit) after a few weeks once your tank has cycled and you do a couple water changes it will go away, if not then blasphemy those fu**ing goldfish!