cloudy water

merc1500

Medium Fish
Dec 11, 2008
virginia beach virginia
i got a 2.5 gallon mini bow 2.5 with the whisper in tank power filter and whisper 2-10 automatic heater,air stone, 4 new plants, and new gravel and i put water in it 8 hours ago and now its cloudy no fish yet i tested the water with a strip everything is as it should be just cloudy what do i do is this normal i didnt have this issue on my 10 gallon it stayed cyrstal clear is it the filter sucks or what

oh if anybody knos what filter cartride size this thing take please tell me its medium but they make a meduim jr or a meduim

Dec 8, 2005
Harrison Twp. Michigan
it could just be because it's such a small tank and you didn't rinse that objects before you put them into the tank.

that was my issue when i set up my first tank. i didnt rinse the gravel, etc., enough before i added them to the tank and added the water.

it could be the filter, but i doubt it. try waiting a few days and let it settle. if that doesnt work, try adding a water clarifier.

also, are the plants real or fake?

merc1500

Medium Fish
Dec 11, 2008
virginia beach virginia
the plants are fake i washed them and the gravel i washed but it was very clean nothing came out ok well i added the water this time yesterday so i geuss i have to wait and hope what the best way to clean an arcylic tank i read you couldnt use windex and paper towels is that true

well thanks
jack

TMony

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2008
Don't ever use Windex or similar products on ANY tank. You can contaminate your tank and poison your fish.

Not sure what tank you have, but it sounds like the 2.5 gallon Little Lagoon tank made by All Glass. (go figure, its an acrylic tank made by All Glass) chuckle
If so, these take the medium Tetra Whisper Bio-Bag Cartridges. They are available most places like Petco, Walmart etc.

As far as the water quality goes, there is really nothing to be tested at this point. The tank needs to be properly cycled. please read the stickies in this forum regarding the proper way to cycle a new tank.

Best of Luck

Last edited: