CLOWN FISH INFO NEEDED PLEASE

Papillon

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Montclair, NJ
Visit site
Would all you fish experts out there, please assist me with any information about these clown fish..

How many can I have in a 12 gallon tank?

What are their temperament?

What do they like to eat?

Which tank mates are good for and with them?

Are they easy to take care of?

Do they have specific water requirements?

Planted tank partially or full?

You get the jist. Most of the information out there on the net isn't that great and I wanted to hear from any of you who have them etc etc...

They seem like cute fish and are pretty that's for sure.

Thanks in advance for all your replies... The more the better actually, it would be great to have a lot of opions..

Marie
;)

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
what kind of clown,only one type of fish is known as a clown fish and those are the marine kind.and sense this is posted in the freshwater forums,in a little confused.perhaps you could describe the fish you have in mind so we can figure out which one you mean.

Papillon

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Montclair, NJ
Visit site
no; regular clown fish.. No nemos.... The PETCO near me are not allowed to sell them, uness the potential owners are educated about them and have the proper equipment.. They say that now since the movie came out, they are getting innondated with requests........ I think their policy is great and IMHO they should all do this.

I have my betta and am at the moment just gathering information about clownfish....

Thanks.

Marie

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
I'm confused, so are you talking about the salt water fish? One that looks kinda like nemo? Sorry if you already said this but you said "regular clown fish, not nemos" but a regular clown fish is a nemo. Like I said easily confused here, sorry if you already explained and I just didnt get it =)

Papillon

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Montclair, NJ
Visit site
sorry yes one that looks like Nemo.... I didn't know what nemo looked like.. Haven't seen the film etc... And I didn't know they were salt water fish so I am in the wrong forum! I am the one who is confused but becoming less so....

Marie

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
your best bet for a fresh water clown wouldbe a clown loach or a clown pleco.i would suggest a clown pleco because clown loaches are nice fish but they get sick easy when first being introduced to a new tank.clown loaches are like a magnet for ick untill they become acclimated.tiger barbs are sometimes called clown barbs but you won't hear that too often these days.

jaws2

Large Fish
Feb 19, 2003
massachusetts
Visit site
i got this so far
1 a percula clownfish (SALTWATER)
2 he can fit 1 clown in a 12 gallon
3 some live rock wouldnt hurt
4 no anonemes
5 and lots of salt and a hydrometer
6 then a test kit for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and ph