Clown fish trouble!

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
i jsut saw my clown fish and he was on his side at the top of my tank...his colors looks great he eats alot when i feed him...is it possible that my current is too strong i only have a 170 gph powerhead in my 20 gallon

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
BTW i don't think clowns really care about current, even tough they're not great swimmer. Mine like to think he's a salmon, and put himslef in front of the biggest powerhead and swim right in front on it, until he can't keep up..then, like 1 mn later, he tries again. He's training for the olympics

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
aww lol ya mines color is awesoem i just got scared because in my experience when a fish swims at the very top on his side...his close to death but hes looking good and tommorow my 65 watt light comes in so hopefully that will help everything

JustinP

Medium Fish
Jun 8, 2005
Was this happening at night? Clowns do "sleep" strangely. My pair sleeps in the upper corner of the tank too sometimes sideways, sometimes facing down. Once I saw one laying completely on its side in an anemone and I thought it was dead. Point is it's nothing to worry about if it's nighttime, likely just natural behavior.

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
Clowns (in my experience) have a lot of strange traits, for example mine chase each other and when one is caught it kinda shakes submissively...sounds harsh but they're a mated pair. and they sleep in some really strange places.