clown fish with anemone.

aquatek

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I want to get a tomatoe clown fish or maroon clown for my tank. I do not wish to get an anemone. If i get it i will get a decent size, about 3 inches. Will this work, will the clown fish be happy without anemone? Please help. Has anyone done this before? Thanks.

aquatek

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I want a tomatoe clown or maroon clown and I don't have or plan to get any anemones. Will the clown fish be happy without its natural instinctual cousin anemone? If i get a clown fish it will be 3 to 4 inches in size. Will this work? Please help. My tank is 60 gallon with 40 pounds of live rock no corals, inhabitants: clown trigger, fiji blue damsel, fiji blue spot puffer, secrective wrasse, and a yellow tang. Had my tank for 5 years, all fishes are at least 2 years old :)

Volitan

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.fishbowlauctions.com
Supposedly.. they say ClownFish do not need an anemone to he happy..  I have two False Perc Clowns.. and they dont care.. well I hope they stay clear of my Anemone.. as my Anemone could eat em.. so far nobody messes with my Condy..  and the Condy messes with nobody ...

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
I've seen plenty of clowns get along without an anemone. What I will suggest though is that you do give them a pcv pipe or some other type of decor that will allow them to go into a cave for some privacy as well as to give them a territory.
~~Colesea

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
nope. despite popular beliefs that clowns do need anenomes, they don't. i have two clownfish that are doing great w/o any anenomes.

clownfishes will also host in other soft corals besides anenomes. i have a friend who's clownfish is hosting in a hammer coral right now. i have a huge hammer coral but my clownfish doesnt' pay attention to it. heh.