clown hosting zoo??

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok in my 10 gallon the clown has been hosting in sum of my zoo's.... the zoos dont seem to like it too much... is it guna hurt them?? or should i put sumthing else in there.. i know ive heard of clowns hosting other things then just anenomes but what would be safe in a 10 gallon??:confused:

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Yeah, it's a problem with clowns. And it's not helped that if you got an anemonae or a euphyllia coral for them to host in, for a 10 gallon the coral would have to be so big it took over the entire tank, or so small the presence of the clown will pester it to death.
No easy answer. Plastic anemone?

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
That is if you can get them to host in it. Once they have their sights on something it is really difficult to get them to change. Mine have been hosting my candycane and I have tried moving it and they always seem to find it.....I may have to either remove the clown to the 20g or the candy cane......then again fragging the candy cane may be an option.......

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok if i move my tomato clown from the 30 gallon to the 55 and the perc from the 10 to the 30 what fish would be a good choice for the 10???

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
clown gobies are great for a 10 as they don't get big and are real charachters. Or a watchman gobie/shrimp pair? or a fire fish or even a pair of neon gobies