clown pair

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
the question i have is i already have a small perc could i just go get a large perc for it to pair up with?????

rohnds

Large Fish
Apr 23, 2005
Austin, TX (born NYC)
I had my perc for about 4 months before introducing a 2nd one. They both seems to get along great.
It is best to get juv (or very smaller) one. This will prevent aggression towards one another. Would they pair up to become breeding pair? That I don't know.

Rohn

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea i ended up getting 2 new clowns .... i got them seperate cause already paired up would have been rediculously expensive..... i got them both for $50 one is about 3 inches the other like an inch there both maroon clowns but i feel like an idiot i bought them both at differant stores so i had one in the car while i ran in the other lfs and was in such a rush that by mistake the second one i got was a gold stripe maroon ...... they love each other though... but will this be a problem???

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
no......actually in most maroons the stripe in juveniles is yellowish and doesn't turn white until they are mature........maybe you have a juvenile.....do they seem to be getting along? as I have always wanted to pair up maroons but have read some horror stories......So I always thought I would just buy two really small juveniles and let them sort it out who was going to be boss.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
theve actually been doin realy good i put them both in the tank at the same time and the little one went right up to the big one and started shaking his butt all over her lol and havnt really left each others side since