Clownfish

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well finally after 2 years my small male perc finally has found the LTA and has decided that this anemone is the next best thing to heaven. Too bad the larger female won't have anything to do with it and contiues to host in the candycane. Imagine taking 2 years to decide he should test this thing out. As they say there is no guarantee that a clownfish will host an anemone and I have read that captive bred clownfish are less likely to host in one than wild. LTAs and BTAs are not the natural hosts for perculas or ocellaris clowns so I am happy he finally discovered it. Now my clarkiis on the other hand literally dove right into the lta in the 29g and barely leave it for any length of time. I was actually thinking of swapping the two pairs to see if I could get the percs to host the lta in the 29.......no need now*BOUNCINGS

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
sorry got carried away with jargon.

Perculas and occellaris natural host is a carpet anemone which is a notorious fish eater......so not a go in my reef. I kept hoping they would find the other two anemones....and finally the little guy did.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
ahhh it is funny now watching him, he thinks he has died and gone to heaven...just laying in there soaking it up. He doesn't feed it like the clarkiis do with their lta. They actually gather food and stick it to the tentacles.....(not actually feeding the anemone but saving the food on the stickiness of the tentacles for later I think and the anemone gets to eat it before they come back)