CLOWNS

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Ok... So i went to the LFS yesterday and picked up 2 clowns. I got home from work yesterday and started to test my tank again. everything seemed fine and I basically came to the conclusion that I am probably not going to get a spike. I don't know if it is from my live rock or maybe i got one really quick and i didn't even notice but regardless my tank is fine. The only think is that my p.h. was a little low so i threw in some p.h. buffer.

Okay, so I got 2 clown fish... ooohhh they are awsome!!!! They are so much fun to watch! I also picked up 12 turbo snails. I am a little nervous now because I have to be so careful with the tank and make sure everything is in running order and that all my levels are correct. I'll get some pictures of them soon.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Turbos are generally a pain in the neck. They get so big. Unless you got the Turbo Astreas. Just make sure that everything is in place if you did get the big ones. They are known for knocking stuff over.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I wonder if they are those small mexican turbos that are about an inch in diameter....I have 3 in my 20 and about 10 or 12 in my 75. I do have 1 of those big huge belize turbos in each tank too......I only ever see them at night....and they could easily plow over rockwork, if it weren't as heavy and solid as mine....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
What you need is really big rock......that way they can't tip it over......

Mine knock my frags all over the place.....and I don't want to putty them in until I am sure they like their spot......

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
i believe the snails are about 1" in diamater. They seem pretty small. When I asked the LFS how many to get he informed me that i could go anywhere from 12 - 75. (uhm... yeah.... i don't think so, we'll stick with 12 thanks)

They seem to be doing a great job, tank glass is clean, not nocking over anything.