CLUELESS

Oct 31, 2005
kent
hi all.ive recently found ur site,its great!im hoping someone can give me some much needed advice,ive inherited some fish,my guppy has had 28 babies today. i have put them in a seperate 2ft tank and fed them but ive turned the filter off as im scared it will suck them in. i also have a 4ft tank with apr 40 assorted fish.any advice would be great! thanks in advance. sam

Last edited:

fiugzel

Large Fish
Oct 5, 2005
Metuchen, NJ
I'd wrap the filter intake with a filter sleeve or some such material to prevent the accidental bye bye and then turn the filter back on if I were you. Can rubber band it in place.

If you don't wanna turn it back on, then let the media soak in tank water to keep from drying out and loosing the bacteria.

Welcome to MFT, btw.

Oct 31, 2005
kent
right thanks for that mate.i was kind of gifted both tanks and i have gone fish mad but i still know very little about them!i have some awesome fish, i sit for hrs watchin them, they all have such different personalities!my mates think im turnin a bit strange! oh well! sam

Acei

Small Fish
Oct 24, 2005
Texas Hill Country
Just as strange as the rest of us... If anyone says anything to you about it, just tell em you're trying to lower your blood presure, because it's proven that being in a room with a fish tank signifigantly reduces a person's blood preasure by reducing their stress level... ;)