Columbian Tetra????????

Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
I have 6 of these guys and they are cool!!!!

I have 3 full grown ones and I just recently bought 3 juveniles to join them.

They are very pretty, and they are very peaceful, aswell as hardy.

I like to call these guys "The Peaceful Pirahna" because if you look at their mouth closley you could see little teeth kinda like a pirahna BUT THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY, NOT PREDATORY LIKE PIRAHNA!!!

These guys are also not picky when it comes to food!! If you throw in a piece of frozen bloodworm it'll be zip zap gone!!! They eat pretty much anything though.

They are classified as a larger tetra(about 2" not that big actually!!:rolleyes:)

They are a schooling species so get 5 minimum.

These guys are great fish!
*celebrate

snoce

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2003
nj
Visit site
my lfs calls them red blue columbian tetras...i have one...i know i should have more then that but i it it mixed in with my barb tank....i have a 29gl tank with diff species of barbs and the col tetra fits in great with them...he is as active as barbs and sometimes the more aggressive one...he is bout 3 inches and like the other guy said looks like a pirahna a little...its a fun fish to have and is very active....so if anyone wants a good tank mate for them barbs go great....

May 25, 2007
I'm new to owning living fish... I went n picked out these neon pink n blue fish at the store for my new aquarium. The receipt says Tetra Red/Blue Columbian Astynnax sp. They look totally different than any picture I have found on line. They are very small... like an inch long...

I will take a picture if anyone replies to this thread...