Comments about small tanks

trailmule

Large Fish
Jan 2, 2008
I read the sticky about this subject and wanted to share my opinion on this matter...

I have a 10 gallon with plants. I love it. My second favorite thing to do after watching the fish is do tank maintenance. Odd, I know. But it takes 5 - 10 minutes, I do a 10 - 15% water change one or twice a week while vacuuming some of the gravel, add fertilizer, and that's it. My betta loves tank maintenance. She swims around my hand, around the vac, and generally enjoys the interaction. The tetras on the other hand are huddled in a corner. The corys don't seem to mind.

I don't want to make it seem like keeping a small tank is the easiest thing, because it requires effort to make sure you get your water changes in. I have no issues with water quality, probably because of the water changes and not over feeding. But for someone who doesn't think they will have the self-discipline to take care of small tank, I would go with a larger one.

Again, this is just my comment on this issue, so please, no one get offended. =)

-TM