Compatability Question?

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
lets say that i have a 20 or 29 gallon tank(which i dont lol) and i wanted to get a pair of Kribensis aka Kribs male and female in case i ever decided that i wanted to breed them.....if i put them in with a Blue ram(which i dont have either but i want) would there be problems? cuz it says that blue rams are sensitive to water conditions and they like 80-84 degree water and Kribs like 75-80 water could i keep the water temp at 80 or should i just forget the whole idea?:confused:

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
i really would like to yell at u matt but i will restrain myself lol but ya i was just wonderin cuz i really like these two fish go check out the Kribs there tight...what kinda fish would be good hmmmmmm...........................? i know yellow labs lol but im just thinkin of possibilities......

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
If this is your first fish tank. Start out with some easy fish until get the hang of it and get your tank up and running. No reason to waste money on expensive fish if you might kill them from inexperience. I'm a huge fan of danios for new fish tank people. They come in a bunch of different color varieties (pearl, zebra stripe, white, leopard print) and they are SO cool to watch dart around the tank. They are also REALLY tough fish, and they will usually live through your first water/feeding/random mistakes. They are also compatible with many other different kinds of fish, so you won't have to get rid of them when you decide to get some more difficult fish. I don't know much about kribs, but I do know that blue rams are difficult to care for. Water has to be PERFECT. I just got my first ram, and I've been doing aquariums for a long time with TONS of research on my part. Hold off on the cichlids until you have an established tank. And read everything you can possibly find about cycling, feeding, filters, etc.

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
well i have read about cycling....i know that your supposed to let your tank cycle without fish for 3-4 weeks....and i read the post from that xrt whatever guy and im not like him if you think i am i will care for my fish and make sure they have everything they need...thats why i came to MFT to gather info and do some research and get valuable opinions before i run out and buy a fish tank....thanks MissFishy : )
JJ
o and by the way what type of fish are danios?

Last edited: