Compatibility question

May 14, 2006
Palatine,IL
I wanted to get some new fish but don't know whats compatable with mine.

I have 2 5 1/2 in Needle Noses

1 8 inch sucker fish

1 3inch Gourami

1 6 inch eel

What other fish can it get

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
Hmmmmmmmm......Bg,thats a double post......now I'm saying this as a Mft "friend" that does not go down to well with people here!

Its considered quite rude and is generaly frowned upon by everyone (some more so then others)

Do the right thing. Delete it!*thumbsups

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Oh, see a bichir is not an eel, and I've never heard it called an eel (unlike things like a tiretrack or fire eel, which also aren't really eels but they are always called eels... and are probably what everyone assumed you meant by eel).

If your "sucker fish" is a common pleco, it'll outgrow the tank eventually.

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
What other fish can I get?

Are you seriously asking for a list of all the fish that may be suitable for your setup?

Try sticking with community fish untill your experience, confidence and ability grow.*thumbsups

Also, if you wanna sound a little more in the know, you might wanna refer to sucker fish as Plec's, Pleco's or even Plecostomus. Peace!

Last edited:

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Demanding an answer around here doesn't get you good results, nor does asking a question more than once. I'll move this to FW beginner and combine all of them or get rid of the duplicates. If you truly want help with your stocking you also need to let us know what size tank you have and what kind of tank you're going for. This is in the predatory section, yet you definitely dont have a predatory tank...