Condy Anenome vanished overnight.

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
Last week I took a turkey baster to my tank and blew off some nusiance algae from some rocks. A little substrate got kicked up, some of which landed on my Condy Anenome (which my Maroon Clown had hosted in). I also added some calcium. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Now the Condy Anenome has disappeared. I thought perhaps he was out of sight in a rock somewhere and might be expelling water as they do. Several days have passed and he is nowhere to be seen. He was about the size of a tennis ball so when inflated he really couldn't hide from sight.
Does anyone have any ideas what might have happened to him. He appeared in good health (unlike my poor BTA) and readily took food. As I said, he was hosting my maroon. The maroon clown now kicks up the substrate where the condy used to be.
I have a powerhead close to the substrate which he might've had problems with, but surely had that happened there would be some evidence. I have a couple of large starfish and a large longspine urchin which make short work of anything that dies. But still, to be here fine one day, and completely gone the next - very strange.
Thoughts anyone? :confused: