Convict Fry and Oscars

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
I was wondering if Oscars would eat Convict fry like any other feeder you give them? anyone have any experiences? i know they usually eat anything but u never know.

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
i accidently fed my salvini one once, it was about half an inch long and he was about 6 inches long.

i dropped it into his tank for some algae control, but my salvini gobbled it rightup, it didnt cause him any harm, and he seemed to enjoy it, but i wouldnt want to make a habit of it. it sounded really crunchy, like someone eating a crisp (chip for you guys :p)

radamsk1

Large Fish
Apr 23, 2005
Long Island, NY
Some of those cichlid's temperaments are funny! They love their live lunchtime! My acara used to gobble up anything, including a juvenile JD!!!! It was strange how the JD pushed the Acara around... then the tables turned.... Guess the Acara had about enough of that!

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
i know i seen a post on it somewhere, but convicts do not eat their young or eggs usually correct? i got all my equipment ordered tonight going to set up the tank this week, going to have to start building the bookcase i guess.